A Project of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Illinois
The JGSI Jewish Chicago Database (JJCD)
The database, contents listed below, contains cemetery
and related records of interest to Jewish genealogists.
JGSI Online Searchable JGSI Jewish Chicago Database Project
Information including cemeteries and other records contained in the database, and including links to cemetery information (link). (80,373 Record Entries)
Select cemetery or project name listings below for additional information. (Link active if available)
Note: Links will open in a new browser window or tab.
- Beverly Cemetery (1,048)
- Chewra Kadisha Cemetery (2,586)
- Chicago Jewish Orphans Home Records transcription in process.
- Chicago Marks Nathan Jewish Orphans Home Records transcription in process.
- Drexel Home for the Jewish Aged (Chicago) (710)
- Jewish Graceland Cemetery : Hebrew Benevolent Society, Sections 2 & 3 (2,197)
- Jewish Graceland Cemetery: Sections 1 & 4 (1,446)
- Keheleth Jacob Cemetery (132)
- Knesset Israel Cemetery (610)
- Memorial Plaques: B'nai Zion and Shaare Tikva (Chicago) (3,267)
- Memorial Plaques: Lawn Manor Beth Jacob Congregation (Chicago) (635)
- New Light Cemetery burials through August 2011 (1,896)
- Obituaries: Chicago Tribune Obituaries 1994-1998 (9,347)
- Obituaries: JUF Death Notices & Obituaries Published 1994-2005 (4,514)
- Oak Woods Cemetery burials through 1991 (1,339)
- Oak Woods Cemetery: Ohave Sholom Mariampol section (1,275)
- Oak Woods Cemetery: Ohave Sholom Mariampol section On Cards (51)
- Oak Woods Cemetery: Beth Hamedrosh Hagadol West (1,214)
- Oak Woods Cemetery: No Stone (21)
- Rockford Illinois Hebrew Jewish Cemetery (364)
- Skyline Cemetery (11)
- Ticktin Cemetery (813)
- Waldheim Cemetery MAP
- Waldheim Cemetery GATE Information
Notice and Disclaimer:JGSI is looking for additional indexing projects of the Chicago Jewish community. If you can suggest other records that should be indexed, or want to volunteer, e-mail us at Projects@jgsi.org
The purpose of the information on this site is to assist members and other interested parties in locating the burial spaces of possible relatives. However, the information provided about family names and locations, at all except the Westlawn Cemetery, was developed by volunteers who assembled the information by physical inspection without any information from the cemetery or its records. Accordingly, neither JGSI, the Cemetery or any of the volunteers warrant or certify the accuracy of the names or locations. It is strongly recommended that anyone who finds information that may be of interest personally visit the Cemetery before reaching any final conclusions.